Blindness shouldn't be a barrier to independence
New Vision is your local 501(c)(3), nationally accredited community organization, providing rehabilitation, community education, and support services for people with low vision or blindness, and their families, in Lake and Sumter Counties and The Villages. We need your support. Make a donation today. Volunteer. Get involved. Help us remove blindness as a barrier to independence.
New Vision's services are available to individuals who meet the following guidelines:
- The individual has a severe bilateral visual impairment (affecting both eyes).
- The impairment affects the individual's daily living, educational, and/or vocational goals.
- The individual can benefit from services.
What's New at New Vision
We are updating our records and we need your help. Contact us by March 31 to update your information, and we'll enter you in a drawing for a $50 Visa gift card!
How to Contact Us
Call: 352-435-5040 (ask for Laurie or Shelly)
Email: email@example.com (subject: update my info)
To be entered into the drawing, you must provide your first and last name, mailing address or email address, phone number, AND birthday (month and day). Contest open the month of March - contact us by 11:59 p.m. on March 31 to be entered. Drawing will be held April 4 at New Vision's office. The winner will receive the $50 Visa gift card prize in the mail the week of April 4. Employees of New Vision and their families not eligible to win. Only one entry per person.
We look forward to hearing from you!
— New Vision for Independence
Now hiring a Youth Services Instructor!
We are looking for someone to join our team who
- Has the necessary education and experience to work with visually impaired children (see job description at newvisionfl.org/about).
- Is very detail-oriented but can think globally and identify long-term needs and goals.
- Can juggle commitments, effectively manage time, and stay organized.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but function well within a close-knit team.
- Adapts easily to change, understanding the role of change in advancing our cause.
- Cares about the work as passionately as the rest of the team.
- Can pass a Level 2 criminal history background check.
- Can pass a Florida DMV driving record test (if driving personal vehicle to appointments).
- Can pass a drug test (New Vision for Independence is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug-testing is required - visit our website for the complete policy).
About the Position:
Position: part-time, temporary, non-exempt (temporary through August; may continue pending funding state funding)
Salary: $20-25 per hour based on credentials/experience
Schedule: group activities with children ages 5 to 13 on select Wednesday afternoons, Saturdays, and Lake County Schools’ summer break
Sound like your cup of tea? Go to our About Page for the employment application and full job description. Submit a completed application, resume, and short answer to the following question to Chantel Buck, firstname.lastname@example.org:
What do you like so much that you would you eat every day for the rest of your life? And what would you do if you were told that food was forbidden in our office?