Dining in the Dark
New Vision for Independence and presenting sponsor Lake Eye Associates will host the ninth annual Dining in the Dark on April 12, 2019!
Experience food, drink and conversation as you may never have before – without your sight. In this unique dining experience, you will eat dinner in total darkness. The Lake County Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team, as part of a training exercise, will serve you wearing night vision goggles. This fundraiser meets fun night-out is a great way to learn more about both the challenges faced by those with visual impairment but also how those challenges can be overcome so blindness does not have to mean “the end.”
When: April 12, 2018 | Cocktails & silent auction 6:00 | Dining experience 7:15
Where: Lake Receptions, 4425 N. HWY 19A, Mount Dora
Tickets: $75 per person, $650 for a sponsored table of 8
- Salad: mixed greens topped with feta cheese, dried cranberries, and candied walnuts, with your choice of raspberry vinaigrette or ranch
- Entree: your choice of
- MEAT duet plate of pork tenderloin with bourbon apple chutney AND sliced sirloin with red wine sauce OR
- VEGETARIAN plate of cheese manicotti with marinara sauce
- Sides: corn & zucchini souffle, green beans with almonds
We are sold out as of 3/26/19. Email us to be added to the wait list: email@example.com, or call 352-435-5040.
Audible Easter Egg Hunt
New Vision Audible Easter Egg Hunt is coming up on Saturday, April 20 at Osprey Lodge in Tavares. Join us for a fun morning of sensory experiences including an Easter egg hunt with hundred of beeping eggs! Sighted participants are welcome (under 13 only!) but will be required to wear blindfolds.
When: Saturday, April 20
Where: Osprey Lodge, 1761 Nightingale Lane, Tavares
- 10 a.m. sensory activities & photos with the Easter Bunny’s blind brother Bob
- 11 a.m. blindfolded audible Easter egg hunt for children under 13 (blindfolds required to participate)
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT
Eye Opener Tour
Join us for an experiential tour of New Vision to help those without vision loss better understand the need for rehabilitation services in our community.
WHEN: monthly on the second Tuesday at 11 a.m.
WHERE: New Vision’s office at Lake Sumter State College, 9501 US Hwy 441, Leesburg – Lake Hall 140
Photos of many of New Vision’s events are posted on the New Vision Facebook page.